On Saturday, January 23rd, 2016, the 9th annual Hawai‘i Robofest season kicked off at Highlands Intermediate School in Pearl City. Our co-emcees, Sandy Ahu and Liz Shigeta (2016 HRF Organizing Committee Members), and Activity Chairs shared important information with attendees including the presentation of a brand new activity – RoboParade!
Special thanks to Ms. Sandy Park for joining us at the Kickoff. Ms. Park is the Program Director at the High Technology Development Corp (HTDC), one of this year’s sponsors. HTDC is a State agency that provides key resources to develop and retain high tech in Hawai‘i. Other 2016 sponsors are Friends of Hawai‘i Robotics and the Hawai‘i Academy of Science.
Many thanks to the 2016 Organizing Committee members who volunteer countless hours to insure that all Hawai‘i Robofest activities and events run smoothly each year. They are:
- Sandy Ahu, Program Director
- Elizabeth Shigeta, Advisor
- Leialoha Kelekolio, Exhibition Co-Chair
- Cathy Watanabe, Exhibition Co-Chair
- Ranold Fujioka, Jr., Game Chair
- Alex Yamada, Bottle Sumo Chair
- Lisa Higa, RoboParade Chair
- Gayle Loui, Scheduling Co-Chair and Awards Chair
- Jodi Funasaki, Scheduling Co-Chair
- Mark Yamashita, A/V Director
- Brian Shono, Head Game Judge
- Arlene Kihara, Event Coordinator
- Lynn Fujioka, Official Hawai‘i Site Host (HI FusionED)