The 12th annual Hawaii Robofest Regional Qualifier was held this year at Pearl City High School on Saturday, April 13th, 2019. 46 teams from 11 different schools competed for trophies in several autonomous robotics activities.
A big “MAHALO!” to the Pearl City High School Robotics Club for hosting us again. Special thanks to our prime sponsors Bank of Hawaii Foundation and partner, Friends of Hawaii Robotics.
Last, but not least, KUDOS to all the coaches, parents, teachers, school administrators and community volunteers for their support and to all the hard working students who demonstrated their innovative minds and technical skills. Well done!
2019 Regional RESULTS:
Main Category: EXHIBITION
- 1st Place: Manana Elementary, Team 784-1, “Microplastic Eliminators”
- 2nd Place: Trinity Lutheran, Team 2800-1, “Trinity Lutheran”
- Judges’ Choice Award: Mililani Waena Elementary, Team 2912-1, “Menehune Bots”
Main Category: Binary Blocks GAME
- 1st Place: Highlands Intermediate, Team 2545-1, “A Team With No Name”
- 2nd Place: Mililani Ike Elementary, Team 2992-3, “Pueo Technotics 3”
- 3rd Place: Kapolei Middle, Team 1945-1, “Robo Warriers”
- 4th Place: Kanoelani Elementary, Team 2424-1, “Kanoelani Gamerz”
Open Category: Bottle SumoBot
- 1st Place: Mililani Ike, Team 2992-1, “Pueo Technotics 1”
- 2nd Place: Kapolei Middle, Team 1945-1, “Pushy Pam”
- 1st Place Time Trial: Kapolei Middle, Team 1945-1, “Pushy Pam”
- 2nd Place Time Trial: Waiau Elementary, Team 1144-1, “Waiau Doritos Loco Moco Taco Burritos”
Open Category: RoboParade “Transportation: Past, Present & Future” (non-competitive category)
- People’s Choice Award: Trinity Lutheran, Team 2800-2, “Trinity Lutheran”
MAHALO! to Lawrence Technological University and all our 2018 Sponsors and Community Partners:
- Pearl City High School Robotics Club
- HI FusionED
- Highlands Intermediate School
- Waikele Elementary School
- Finance Factors
On a sad note, this was our last Regional in Hawaii…at least for a while until other organizers are found. We hope our schools will continue on with their robotics and other STEAM-based activities to foster student interest in science, technology and engineering.
For more information, please contact us at info[at]hifusioned.org or call 808.988.1931. Visit the national Robofest website for exhibition and game rules, too: http://www.robofest.net.
First Place Game – Team 2545-1 Highlands Inter A Team With No Name
First Place Exhibition – Team 784-1 Manana Elementary Microplastic Eliminators
RoboParade People’s Choice – Trinity Lutheran
First Place Bottle SumoBot Team 2992-1 Mililani Ike Elementary Pueo Technotics 1